RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL PROJECTS
When you want the job done right, count on Five Star Hardwood Flooring to help choose the right flooring and install on time and on budget.
Engineered or Hardwood Flooring
For the best in quality, choose engineered or hardwood floors. As opposed to laminate flooring, hardwood and engineered wood flooring will have quality grains and cuts. Installation types for hardwood, engineered wood or bamboo floors are often referred to as nail-down, staple-down or glue-down.
Every hardwood floor has its own unique look, because every wood has its own grain.
- Hardwood is durable and is considered an investment — hardwood floors literally last for decades or generations.
- Hardwood flooring adds to the value of both new and resale homes. In one national Canadian survey, 90% of real estate agents said homes with wood floors sell faster and for more money.
- Hardwood flooring is health- and environment-friendly.
Engineering Hardwood Floors
- Engineered floating hardwood floors look like solid-wood floors once they are installed. They offer more stability than traditional strip hardwood because they are engineered to accommodate fluctuations in temperature and humidity that can affect traditional 3/4″ hardwood.
- Engineered wood floors are different from laminate floors. Engineered wood floors are constructed of a hardwood veneer adhered to a core such as High-Density Fibreboard and a wood veneer backing. Laminate floors contain no actual hardwood surface area.
For the budget conscious, go with laminate floors for a professional quality at amazing prices. Laminate takes us less time to install and has a great lifespan. Installation type often referred to as click-together. Although laminate flooring is generally an easier install, it can require additional work depending on the base floor condition.